自學筆記 資料來源 人人影視

You're the worst

"You're ability to bend semantics to best fit your financial interests

is quite impressive." 曲解語義

"Your sarcasm is but an impotent fusillade of arrows." 齊射、連發

"I'll be no more and she shall be plagued by guilt forever." 困擾

 

Suits

"Your ego's writing checks that your body can't cash."

"This court is adjourned." 休庭

"I call it like I see it." 我只說我所看到的

"Save the pout." 省省你的噘嘴/別裝委屈了

 

Suits s1e3

"who runs a $2 billion hedge fund owe you one."

"both of which poised the company to de strong for years."

"i was always straight with you about that." 這點我從不懷疑

"I did have the courtesy to do it from the front." 我(至少有禮貌地)做得光明磊落

 

"Senior partners, they buy into the firm.

They share in the profits, but they also have to put up equity."

資深合夥人以入股加入事務所。他們有利潤分成,但同時需要入股。

"You knew today was initiation." 你知道今天是你入夥的日子。

 

"I was working on the due-diligence. 盡職調查(DD案)

“And why would that require you to look at the bylaws? 公司章程

"State law (sg.)  requires a summary be prepared in the event of a sale.

州法律要求(土地)買賣須附上章程摘要

"[but] Privately held corporations are exempted. 私人公司並不包含在內

"Not if the sale exceeds 150 million. 除非買賣金額高於一億五千萬。

"According to who/whom? 你的依據是?

 

#盡職調查(DD案),確認對方公司確實有被投資或併購等的價值,或是否有潛藏風險

重要契約檢視:漏洞陷阱、後須承擔的權利義務

被抵押、質押的資產和債權情況:是否包含投資標的、確認債務被執行的風險和影響

訴訟案檢閱:是否影響公司形象(往後開發)、若涉及智慧財產權,是否會導致失效

智慧財產權或技術Know-How的清點及可專利性評估:

      專利是否有攻擊或防禦功能

      商標是否有擱置從未使用的情況

      研發中的技術是否有可專利性

      涉及營業秘密的Know-How是否有做好保密措施

 

"The board can't vote for 'at least 24 hrs after the CEO presents' a deal involving the sale of company land."

董事會不能對於CEO少於24小時內提出的公司土地買賣方案進行投票。/在CEO提出土地買賣方案24小時之後,董事會才能進行投票表決。

"Page 238, clause 137 states if the CEO dies, an interim CEO will be appointed until the board convenes an election vote,

章程第238頁,第137條指出若現任執行長去世,董事會將指派一名臨時執行長直到正式投票表決定案。/在董事會投票決定前,任何人都只是臨時執行長。

which can't be called 'till the next fiscal quarter, in this case, next Thursday.

但投票最早也得等到下個財政季度進行,也就是下週四。

 

"I came into the league [as] a sophomore." 我大二就進公司了

"You better not be prioritizing that over McKernon Motors." 你最好別為那個耽誤了麥肯諾汽車公司的案子

"And apparently the diligence wasn't proceeding apace."  顯然盡職調查的進展不夠迅速

"It leaves you with huge litigation exposure" 會給別人對你提起訴訟留下把柄

"...and precluded potential litigation." 排除了潛在的法律爭端

"You looked at the bylaws for a tactical reason." 你翻閱公司章程肯定有自己的戰略性目的

"They're just platitudes that don't mean anything." 這些都是毫無意義的陳詞濫調

" 'Synergistic alliances' means you form relationships..." 合作聯盟的建立[可以消減成本]

"Now, why don't you stop beating around the bush." 現在你可以別再拐彎抹角了

"The issue here is you tried to torpedo a client." 現在的問題是 你試圖埋下魚雷摧毀客戶/背後捅客戶一刀

"That trumps the 'who's the client' part." 這比“誰是客戶”的問題嚴重

"You send him there to hedge your bets."  你是派他過去挽回損失的

"...or you have plausible deniability" 要麼你「推諉不知情」

 

"I'll need to see the financials." 我要查看一下財政報告

"You put together a letter of intent, and they'll get you the financials." 你整合一份意向書

"So, how do we get an offer to the board before they vote to ratify the deal tomorrow?"

我們如何趕在明天董事會投票通過合約以前,提供我們的報價?/在明天董事會投票批准合約之前,我們如何對他們報價?

"... has the right to petition the board any time they meet. 有權隨時向董事會提出申請

"Dominic Barone has assigned that right to me." 多先生已授權於我

"...while retaining the flagship engine that put this company on the map" 同時保留將公司推向國際的旗䚀引擎

"It's funny how you held out on me on that proper notice exception." 那個“適當通知”的例外情況,你居然對我有所隱瞞

"Time to 'pay the piper'.   該付錢了 <為某個行為付出代價、報應,衍伸自The Pied Piper of Hamelin故事>

"Just so you know, I took the liberty of ordering some really expensive wines." 告訴你一聲,我隨便地點了些好酒來過過癮

"Sorry, sir, but the check's been paid for in full by a Harvey Specter." 抱歉,先生,帳單已由一名自稱哈維・斯佩克特的人付清了

 

Suits s1e4

"the law is a precise endeavor."

"Bring it on, Ross. I bleed crimson." 放馬過來

"Oh, venomous banter. This is adorable, I love it."

"Louis is devious. But he's not bold."

"The ridiculousness of your suggestion warrented the use of a silly word." 你荒謬的建議害我用了個這麼傻的詞

"Do you know him?" "I know OF him."

"I have no intention of taking this case."

"...if their ex-wives are looking over my shoulders, that's not really a problem. But when their ex-wives are also my managing partner, that hamstrings me,"

"You're going to file a 409-slash-3 grievance claiming that I did not fulfilll my obligation to promptly direct you to my supervisor. The grievance that will be passed on to my supervisor next Wednesday. " 抱怨函

"Since Jessica vouched for you, I'm gonna go ahead and believe what you're telling me."

"But since these other firms determined you have exposure, ..." 鑑於其他公司已經決定讓你曝光

"if we drag this out" 如果這件事拖久了 

"You know, they're actually pretty receptive when you explain the situation to them." 聽得進去

"The bugs can live dormant for 18 months." 潛伏

"Funny you should mention that, ..." 你還有臉說

"Frank has withheld rent because the apartment is not habitable."

"NY housing code, sub-chapter 2, article 4, section 27-dash-two-zero" 條款 副章節 條 節

"You tracked bedbugs into my office?" 你把蟲帶到我的辦公室裡?

"You say legal dispute, I say shakedown." 法律糾紛嗎 我看是勒索

"Look we can sit here and posture about the strenghths and weaknesses of our cases."

"But the real crux is the punitive damage." 關鍵問題在於懲罰性損害賠償

"[Your clients] Have tenuous claims at best." 要求巨額索賠的合理性

"You realize that's libelous." 你知道你在毀謗

"We're done here. I don't take to extortion." 沒什麼好說的了 我不接受勒索

"So,  we've gone from settlement to scorched earth." 極端措施

"I'm not going to lose a minute's sleep over it." 我也不用擔心得睡不著了

"I'm just rattled. My first trial tomorrow in housing court." 我只是有點擔心 

"My client's financial outlay to ractify the problem far exceeds the amount." 我的當事人若要解決這些問題,所需的財力遠超過他的實際收入

"Housing department certified the presence of bedbugs?"

"Abatement?" 房租減免?

"This is an eviction hearing. The pertinent question is not habitability, but whether or not the rent has been paid." 

"The rent may be withheld if the warranty of habitability is breached." 若不能保障房屋的適居度,可以不支付房租

"We request to see the checks Mr. Ross' client has placed in escrow." 我要求查看羅先生當事人的第三方擔保核對 

"[which] Pending the outcome of a rent abatement hearing?" 房租減免取決於此?

"That's not in the code." "It is the accepted practice." 這是不成文的規定 "And therefore binding in the courtroom."

"Your client did put money in escrow, I assume."

"Eviction upheld." 贊成回收房屋 "Did you see me bang the gavel?" 你看到我敲木槌了嗎

"What Quentin's done here is nothing short of miraculous." 堪比奇蹟

"Seven cases that Mr. Church solicited lawsuits against pharmaceutial companies"

"A protracted battle would do more damage than settling." 拉鋸戰會造成比和解更大的損失

"Prior to FDA's approval of his drug, Quentin Sainz's company was on the verge of bankruptcy."

"...sales rocket to $38 millions a quarter, which is clear financial motive for falsfying clinical trials." 一季度3800萬

baseless/groundless claim

"You can question his tactics all you like at trials."

"Get blind-sided by my own client holding back isn't a setback, it's an embarrassment." 因為自己客戶的隱瞞不報而遭偷襲不叫受挫 而是受辱

"If Lisa has a problem with it, then Lisa can take it up with me."

"Vivian Tanaka represents half the high-rises in Manhattan." 高樓大廈

"Not only are the amenities top quality, so are the tenants."

"We're not just looking at buyung square footage but really put down some roots." 我們不只是想找個落腳處,更想找個可以駐地紮根的地方

"Well the building was totally renovated 2 years ago, so most of our tenants are newer." 翻新

"We're just trying to establish your credentials for testifying for him." 可信程度

"If you don't tell us the facts, we can't mitigate the damage from his lie." 減緩

"There is an upside to all of this." 優勢

""Upside? to the fact that I unkowingly defrauded the FDA?" 

"The company may be liable for actual damages, but we can shift the blame for fraud to Lisa." 為...負責

"And throw Lisa under the bus?" 陷於不利之處

"There's no way that Vivian Tanaka can spin this to save Karinski's ass." 扭轉乾坤

"We had an outpouring of response."

"Taking the deal and letting Quentin try and fix the problem could."

"That's vandalism, assult." 蓄意破壞 攻擊

"I'm glad that you put it that way, because that's exactly what we're gonna be charging your client with." 以...起訴

"He didn't just fail to eradicate a bedbug infestation, he actually created it." 為患 

"You might warn your client about perjury. We've got sworn testimony form the installer" 做偽證

創作者介紹
創作者 sapere aude 的頭像
維易

sapere aude

維易 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣( 140 )